Now that we are more that half way through January it is time once again for me to get more organized with my food storage...I found these eight delicious make ahead breakfast freezer meals to start stocking my freezer with.
Hash Browns, Sausage, Bacon and Eggs.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) package frozen hash browns, shreds
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups shredded jalapeno pepper cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 sausage links, cooked and diced (1 pound)
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and diced (1 pound)
- 2 cups milk
- 18 eggs
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, and
- dried onion, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray 2 9x13 inch pans with cooking spray.
- 3Place half of hash browns into each pan, press to the bottom forming a crust.
- 4Drizzle half of melted butter over each dish.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 350.
- 7Put half of the chopped meats, and cheeses on the "crusts" in each pan.
- 8Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and onions (as well as any other additions you might want to add like veggies).
- 9Mix eggs and milk in large bowl with an electric mixer (I use my stand mixer).
- 10Pour half the egg mixture over each pan.
- 11Bake for 35 minutes.
- 12Let it stand for about 15 minutes before you put it in containers to freeze.
- 13Reheat a 3/4 cup serving for 3 minutes on high.
- 14This is really good if you alter this in lots of ways! You can use chorizo (mexican sausage) and salsa for a nice twist.
Sausage Breakfast Muffins
- 1Line muffin tins with paper liners, and set aside.
- 2Fry, crumble and drain sausage.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4Mix together bisquick, cornmeal, eggs, and milk.
- 5Add drained sausage, and cheese, and stir well.
- 6Ladle the filling into the prepared muffin tins, filling almost to top.
- 7Bake for 11-15 minutes.
- 8Allow to cool completely.
- 9Store in freezer in a large airtight container.
- 10Or place each in a sandwich bag, and then place a dozen in a large ziploc bag.
- 11Microwave on high for approx 90 seconds.
Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- 12 miniature bagels (whole wheat or white)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 pieces bacon (fried crisp and cut in half)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or your favourite kind)
- 1Slice each bagel in half.
- 2Lightly butter each side.
- 3To cook eggs, lightly grease a mug or small bowl or ramekin; beat eggs in that bowl and microwave 30 seconds; remove egg in one piece and repeat for remaining eggs. Or take Swan Valley Tammi's idea and pre-cook the bacon, chop it up and add it to the eggs. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes so all 12 egg/bacon 'patties' are done at the same time.
- 4On the bottom half of the bagel place cooked egg.
- 5Top each egg with approximately 1 Tablespoon grated cheese.
- 6Stack bacon on top.
- 7Complete sandwich with top of bagel.
- 8Cool slightly; wrap in plastic wrap individually; place in a large labeled zipper freezer bag.
- 9To serve, remove 1 bagel sandwich from bag and remove wrapping.
- 10Place upside down in microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- 11Place right side up and microwave for 30 seconds more or until heated through. **Time may vary in your microwave**.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
- 1Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- 2Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- 3Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- 4Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 5When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- 6TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- 7Wrap in a paper towel.
- 8Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- 9Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Quiche in a Bag
- 1 cup meat, any diced and browned (such as bacon, ham, chicken, sausage etc)
- 3/4 cup vegetables (thawed chopped spinach, broccoli, chopped green pepper)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (use 1 tsp for a spicier kick)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Combine meat, vegetable, cheese, and onion. Place this mixture in a labeled 1-gallon freezer bag.
- 2With a mixer or blender, combine the milk, eggs, Tabasco sauce, flour and baking powder.
- 3Pour into the bag with the meat/vegetable mixture.
- 4Seal and freeze.
- 5To serve, thaw completely. Shake bag well and pour into a spray-treated or greased deep dish pie plate or quiche pan.
- 6Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes, until lightly browned on top and well set in the center.
- 7Cool about 5 minutes before serving.
French Toast Sticks
- 1In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a fork until well blended.
- 2Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture, coating completely.
- 3In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- 4Cook the bread strips a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- 5Serve immediately or cool completely, flash freeze on cookie sheet, then store in a labeled freezer bag.
- 6To serve: reheat in the oven, toaster oven, or microwave until heated through.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 64 mini marshmallows
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Spray a baking sheet with no-fat cooking spray.
- 3Mix sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 4Separate dough into triangles.
- 5Cut each triangle in half, lengthwise.
- 6Brish each triangle with melted butter.
- 7Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- 8Place a marshmallow and the wide end of each triangle.
- 9Roll up each triangle starting from the wide end to enclose marshmallow, pinch edges of dough to seal.
- 10Place twists on prepared baking sheet, seam side down about 2in apart.
- 11Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Blend icing sugar with milk in a small bol.
- 13Drizzle over warm twists.
- 14Please also try this without the marshmallows, just a yummy with a little less sweetness!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- 2Add milk & melted butter.
- 3In another mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- 4Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture & mix well. (If needed, add milk to get a thinner consistency).
- 5Heat griddle to high (or 400 degrees). Grease griddle with butter.
- 6Pour a small amount of batter (about 1/4 cup- I use a measuring cup to pour pancake batter) & spread with bottom of measuring cup to a good size.
- 7When bubbles appear on top of pancake, flip pancake & cook on other side for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Top with pat of butter & syrup, and enjoy!
- 9(Side note- I set my oven to warm & on a cookie sheet I will place a kitchen towel, folded in half on top. When the pancakes are done cooking, I place inside of the kitchen towel in the oven until ready to serve. Also, if you are freezing, wait until pancakes cool & then place in a freezer bag & place in freezer. When you are ready to heat up place a wet paper towel over the pancakes in the microwave & cook for 30 sec to 1 minute in the oven.).